Okay, so I'm supposed to list seven things you don't know about me? I won't admit how long it took me to come up with this stuff:
1. I was homeschooled for six years as a kid with my brother and sister. I've got lots of strong opinions about homeschooling, but I look back on those years as some of the best of my childhood.
2. Part of me doesn't want to go to grad school, because it feels so limiting. It astounds me to think that one could choose one profession for an entire lifetime. I want to be a social worker, yes. But I also want to be a midwife, and a yoga teacher, and a writer, and a photographer, and a graphic designer, and a coffee-shop-owner . . .
3. I used to have every single english preposition memorized. In alphabetical order. I aced those tests. Unfortunately, I can't get past the Bs now.
4. I've never been farther west than Philadelphia, or farther south than North Carolina, in the United States. I think this is sad.
5. I have an absurd love for grocery shopping. I can spend hours wandering and looking and comparing and buying. . .
6. I've changed my mind about Facebook so many times I think I've lost count. Deactivate, reactivate, deactivate, reactivate--right now, I'm reactivated. We'll see how long this lasts.
7. I used to hate running so much, I'd fake menstrual cramps or shin splints in gym class so I wouldn't have to run laps or the mile. Now, I run almost every day, voluntarily, and want to run the Thanksgiving Day Manchester Road Race.